[Qgis-community-team] Documentation repo

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Wed Nov 30 12:13:35 EST 2011

Hi Alex,

Am Wed, 30 Nov 2011 18:20:07 +0200
schrieb Alexander Bruy <alexander.bruy at gmail.com>:

> Hi Otto,
>
> 2011/11/30 Otto Dassau <dassau at gbd-consult.de>:
> > Hi Alex,
> >
> > i just saw that you already have write access for QGIS-Documentation, so
> > if you want you can merge (as Jean Roc already did for french_fr) the
> > russian svn branch into QGIS-Documentation trunk, next to the french
> > folder.
>
> Thanks for clarification. So we now don't use branches for translations
> and keep all in master (maybe using tags for mark manual versions), right?
> Is this approach
> accepted for all other manuals (Coding and compilation, PyQGIS CookBook,
> Gentle GIS Introcution and brochure)? I ask because we also have russian
> translations for
> brochure and cookbook and there are plans to translate all other docs too.

no, not exactly right. We decided to have the current translation status
after the migration from svn together with the english version in trunk.
That's what we create right now. So all translation leads will get write
access to merge their current translation status into QGIS-Documentation
trunk.

Later, for the translation of each QGIS version, it is planned that we
create a translation branch with all languages. The translation leads then
create a fork and organize/manage the translation of their language with
their translators.

Sorry that I haven't had time to prepare more and update the wiki. I will
try to improve that soon...