[Qgis-community-team] New QGIS logo

Simon O'Keefe simon.okeefe at groundtruth.com.au
Thu Sep 1 08:27:47 EDT 2011

As Nathan has mentioned, Groundtruth is offering to sponsor a logo
competition for QGIS. We're willing to chip in a couple of hundred
bucks. If others are willing to chip in too, we'll likely get better
quality submissions.

We've had success with running a competition to come up with a logo
for a product of ours:
http://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/logo-required-geospatial-software-application-38125

We'd love to see QGIS branded with a professional logo that does
justice to the massive effort that's been poured into this project,
and one that my company can be confident to present to our clients as
a compelling alternative to their proprietary GIS software.

Sure, looks aren't everything, and the QGIS developer community has
been busy working on other more important issues. But now that we find
QGIS well and truly on the main stage, let's dress it up a bit.

Groundtruth is happy to take a back seat in this and let others decide
the specs and voting.

Cheers
--
Simon O'Keefe