[Qgis-community-team] Updates on the new Documentation infrastructure

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed Apr 18 15:41:19 EDT 2012

Hi

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 6:50 PM, Alexander Bruy
<alexander.bruy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2012/4/18 Paolo Corti <pcorti at gmail.com>:
>> Today I have committed latest version of Sphinx Makefile.
>> At this point it should be easy to compile messages and build
>> documentation, you can find a basic workflow in the readme file [1].
> Readme file recommends use Virtaal for translation. AFAIK latest
> versions of QtLinguist also can work with .po files. Does Virtaal has
> any advantages in compare with QtLinguist?

Yes we have used linguist here with .po files and it works quite
nicely. Also if you have multiple po/ts files open it cross references
between them for phrase hints etc which is very nice.

Paolo - we still need to get your login organised - contact me offlist
(or on IRC) to continue with that.

Regards

Tim

> Also, if I understand correctly now we can start to translate user
> guide, right?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Alexander Bruy