[Qgis-community-team] About publishing Korean QGIS manual in real book & e-book

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Fri Apr 20 03:04:07 EDT 2012

Hi Sanghee,

you are right with the publishing...

... in the long run it might be a good idea to add the Korean translation to
the QGIS Documentation project, too. And we would of course help you with the
conversion to sphinx/rst.

Please follow the current latex to rst conversion process on the
community-list. Once this is done, we can manage the integration of the
Korean translation, if that is ok for you.

If you want, you could already add you to the list of translators:
http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Manual_Translation

Kind Regards
Otto

Am Fri, 20 Apr 2012 12:23:08 +0900
schrieb "Shin, Sanghee" <shshin at gaia3d.com>:

> Hi Otto & Tim,
>
> Thank you for your advice and guide.
>
> We surely contribute some money to QGIS community, if we generate profit
> from publishing.
>
> I'm not sure whether LuLu press service is good option for Korean users,
> since I think that delivery cost would exceed the actual book price.
> Instead, we'll try to find Korean on-demand publishing company.
>
> And we're not so used to sphinx/rst format. Actually Korean QGIS manual is
> in MS-Word format now and under correction and finishing. Is here anybody
> that could help me how to concert MS-Word format to sphinx/rst?
>
> With regards,
>
> Sanghee
> ---
> Shin, Sanghee
> Gaia3D, Inc. - Helping Earth Sustainable
> http://www.gaia3d.com
> Tel : +82-(0)2-3397-3475
> Fax : +82-(0)2-3397-3478
>
> 2012. 4. 19., 오후 5:07, Otto Dassau 작성:
>
> > Hi Sanghee,
> >
> > the manual is licensed under GNU FDL, your publishing plan needs to fit
> > this. http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl-1.3.en.html
> >
> > And we would like to encourage you to integrate the book/pdf/e-book into
> > the QGIS website. For English, French and German we publish printed
> > versions on demand via LuLu press. I guess we could assist you here and
> > help to add it, too.
> >
> > http://www.lulu.com/shop/otto-dasseau/quantum-gis-17-user-manual-bw/paperback/product-17263706.html
> > http://www.lulu.com/shop/otto-dasseau/quantum-gis-17-user-manual/paperback/product-17263657.html
> >
> > Regards
> > Otto
> >
> > Am Thu, 19 Apr 2012 16:47:32 +0900
> > schrieb "Shin, Sanghee" <shshin at gaia3d.com>:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> OSGeo Korean Language Chapter have just completed the translation of
> >> QGIS manual in Korean. And our local chapter members are currently
> >> talking about the possibility of publishing Korean QGIS manual in real
> >> book  & e-book. We believe that publishing Korean QGIS manual will
> >> increase the interest & awareness of QGIS here in Korea.
> >>
> >> So I'm just wondering whether our local chapter need to get any
> >> permission from QGIS international community or there is anything we
> >> need to pay attention to.
> >>
> >> Any advice or help will be appreciated.
> >>
> >> With regards,
> >>
> >> Sanghee
> >> ---
> >> Shin, Sanghee
> >> Gaia3D, Inc. - Helping Earth Sustainable
> >> http://www.gaia3d.com
> >> Tel : +82-(0)2-3397-3475
> >> Fax : +82-(0)2-3397-3478

Geoinformatik Büro Dassau - http://www.gbd-consult.de
FOSSGIS consulting , training , support  and analysis
Davenstedter Str. 60  ,  D - 30453 Hannover , Germany
Phone:  +49-(0)511-2615322 ,  Fax: +49-(0)511-2615323

--
Community Advisor - QGIS Project Steering Committee