[Qgis-community-team] tex to rst conversion

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 12:09:07 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 11:02 AM, maning sambale
<emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com> wrote:
> I made initial text to rst substitutions following the GUI conventions
> [0].  Please advise if I'm doing it right before continuing.  Thanks!
>
> [0] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/pull/8

Hi Emmanuel
thanks for the effort ;)

It looks perfect, but just a couple of notes (gave just a quick read):

* first label is broken (must be .. `feature_glance`)
* I would go to a new line every 80 characters
* I would follow the recommendation for section from the Python
documentation style guide [1]

Make always sure that the QGIS documentation (at least for html)
correctly builds.
According to the documentation [2], to perform this, just type:

    make html SOURCE=user_guide

then go with your browser to the page you created/updated, in your
case something like:

file:///......./QGIS-Documentation/build/html/user_guide/en/introduction/features_at_a_glance.html

At this time there is a problem with images, I am trying to figure out
what is the best approach for images internationalization, so don't be
afraid if they are not displayed

thanks

[1] http://docs.python.org/devguide/documenting.html#sections
[2] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/blob/master/readme.rst