[Qgis-community-team] Translating qgis.org site

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 06:39:50 EST 2012

Hi Werner

and thanks for clarification.

2012/2/9 Werner Macho <werner.macho at gmail.com>:
> Joomla is nice but I think we should go in a much slighter way to
> improve speed and IMHO we definitely need a rework of usability on the
> webpage (I am still sure that all important things should be written on
> the first page - and ALL things are important ;) - be prepared for some
> discussions)
> I would say for QGIS 2.0 we really should think about a redesign (and
> probably a slightly modernizes logo (still recognizable)).
> My suggestion would be to start that on the upcoming HF in Lyon -
> discuss about the structure (menu...) and technique (Django, Joomla) -
> and probably should really ask someone for a neat design - clean and
> clear ..
Agreed with this. Also maybe we should continue with web infrastructure
simplification and move all stuff into one engine (for example Django).

> Of course also multilingualism is a big part - although I think we
> should divide between really necessary (from a user point of view)
> information and developer information - not everything should/can be
> translated (and I assume a developer being able to speak English).
Right. I don't want to translate everything, this is no necessary IMO.
Only information for users should be translated. In other hand I think
that non-english developers prefer to read docs in native language.
That's why I translated CookBook and want to translate Coding and
Compilation Guide.

> Nevertheless - I am always willing to explain the current way of
> translation to you - but on your side I would postpone translation in
> favor of pushing towards a redesign ;)
Well, if redesing is planned I also prefer to wait.

Thanks
--
Alexander Bruy