[Qgis-community-team] figures side_by_side and references

Larissa Junek junek at gbd-consult.de
Thu Jul 19 06:55:47 PDT 2012

Hi Diethard and all,
great work, it's a good solution to work with tables for figures
side_by_side. I will implement your scheme in my files. Diethard, can
you mention this solution for figures side_by_side in the wiki and
README.rst?

I use nearly the same solution to handle references to figures. I
looked up the work we finished and found that most people use a more
simple description for figures e.g. .. _`georef_transform`:
in the plugins_georeferencer.rst . At this point of time let's go on
defining them like this, otherwise somebody has to go through all the
finished files and change the references to figures. Diethard, I think
it's an issue for the next step when we write the user_guide for QGIS
1.8.!
Also, let's write the definition for icons into the conf.py. It will be
less misleading for translators when the definition of icons takes
place in another file like the conf.py ... I think we have to keep
things simple and make it easy for translators to read the rst-files
and translate the content and not the whole code.
With kind regards,
Larissa