[Qgis-community-team] Wish to translate the Q-GIS document to HINDI

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Mon Apr 29 04:55:41 PDT 2013

On 29-04-13 12:22, Ajaze Parvez khan wrote:
> i have done most of the things as guided by you..need to know few more things sir
>
> 1)How to make a 'hi' [HIN] folder inside QGIS-Documentation / i18n / folder.Whom i can talk for 'hi' folder so that i may fork it and start translating

I can do that for you. Otto? ok?

> 3)I am performing translation online.Is there any other thing to be done then to open .po in edit form and translating.

What do you mean by 'translating online'? Do you mean via transifex?
Please somebody, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the translating
process for transifex is officially in use already.

> 2)I am using google translate to translate english to hindi..and then pasting the translated sentences onto .po file..is that the correct way.

It is nice that you want to put energy in this translation, but if one
want to have a 100% google translation, it is also possible to let
Google do this live for you isn't it?

For example:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=en&tl=hi&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdocumentation.qgis.org%2F2.0%2Fhtml%2Fen%2Fdocs%2Fuser_manual%2Fintroduction%2Fgetting_started.html&act=url

Or is it that you want to create a 'base translation' and that you want
other people to refine the translations?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde