[Qgis-community-team] Wish to translate the Q-GIS document to HINDI

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Mon Apr 29 05:05:48 PDT 2013

Dear Ajaze,

Am Mon, 29 Apr 2013 03:20:53 -0700 (PDT)
schrieb Ajaze Parvez khan <ajazepk at yahoo.com>:

> i have done most of the things as guided by you..need to know few more
> things sir
>
> 1)How to make a 'hi' [HIN] folder inside QGIS-Documentation / i18n /
> folder.Whom i can talk for 'hi' folder so that i may fork it and start
> translating.

I just see that Hindi ist not available in the scripts at the moment. We need
to add this, if possible. Please let us check this - I will write back soon.

> 3)I am performing translation online.Is there any other thing to be done
> then to open .po in edit form and translating.

at the moment the online translation is still beta. We need to solve some
problems to combine it with the local translation. Therefore please use the
local translation process, e.g. with linguist as translation software. Is
that ok?

> 2)I am using google translate to translate english to hindi..and then
> pasting the translated sentences onto .po file..is that the correct way.

generally you can probably do that, we will see once you committed your
first text, but you need to be careful, that there are no extra line breaks
added, that it is plain text without any extra style information and that
you use the same punctuation marks.

> kindly let me know if any other sugeestion you have..

looking forward to see your first translated .po file.

--
Geoinformatik Büro Dassau - http://www.gbd-consult.de
FOSSGIS consulting , training , support  and analysis

--
Community Advisor - QGIS Project Steering Committee