[Qgis-community-team] OpenGeo supporting QGIS

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 07:57:04 PDT 2013

Hey Paolo

Good suggestion :-)

In the short term, we have no plans of doing core development, but
start instead with documentation and adding some functionality through
plugins. In the mid and long-term, we will probably move into some
core stuff, probably to better integrate some ideas that we have and
that we might be not so interesting (or even feasible) to add as
plugins, but for now we will stay in the "surface" of QGIS

That doesn't mean that we will not be doing any bugfixing, since we
might improve existing plugins (for our PostGIS interaction, we are
most likely going to extend the DB manager), but only on that level at
the moment.

cheers
Victor