[Qgis-community-team] Web translations

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 05:05:45 PST 2013

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 1:14 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:

> Il 07/03/2013 09:06, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
>
>> I think you can combine it with local translations but language
>> team leads would need to coordinate work to prevent duplication of
>> effort.
>
> Agreed. IMHO git is OK for groups with very few, highly dedicated
> translators, the web is better for larger, looser groups.
> I'm more interested in the latter, for the characteristics of th IT
> community.
> Thanks.

One think to notice is that transifex has a very powerful client
command line tool that can be used by developers and people not willing to use
the web interface (maybe when they are off line):
http://help.transifex.com/features/client/index.html#user-client

It can also be used to automate tasks in the build process.
This is the geonode i18n build scripts to have a perfectly working
sample: https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/master/scripts/jenkins/jenkins-geonode-i18n.sh

I am really sorry I cannot help to assemble this, as I am very busy
lately, but this is really a way to go imho ;)

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer
web: http://www.paolocorti.net
twitter: @capooti