[Qgis-community-team] Thank you for QGIS donations

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Mon Nov 25 06:59:38 PST 2013

On 24-11-13 14:31, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Hi all,

> Frequently we get donations, bigger and smaller. Who is in charge of
> saying "Thank you" to these donators?

That is the unthankful job of Paolo. Horst sents him an email when
somebody donates, and he sents these people an email and adds them to
the donors list:

http://qgis.org/en/site/about/sponsorship.html#list-of-donors

> Some of them come in through Paypal, some of them through direct
> payments to our bank account. I guess that only Horst and I can see
> these direct payments - hence the question.
>
> I assume that someone else has access to the Paypal account - Paolo?

Paolo is also handling the paypal accounts for what I know.

We are working to creating a password safe for this kind of password
questions, so all PSC members can login if needed. Currently the Paypal
password is not yet in it.

> I think it is our duty to say "thank you" to these people.

I think we do. Actually to test the paypal button in the website I did a
small donation, and got an thank you back :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde