[Qgis-community-team] cleanup and disclaimer

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Sun Oct 6 02:46:04 PDT 2013

On 06-10-13 11:15, Alexander Bruy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> am I right that when all tasks from TODO will be soved,
> the only way to translate docs and/or site will be using
> transifex?

yes.

And transifex is responsible for the 'updating and merging'. NO local
updating and merging and github pushing!

BUT...

you ARE able to download a .po file from transifex for offline
translation in your favourite desktop app (like linguist).
In transifex the file is then 'locked' for 24 hours (which can be
extended), so other people in transifex will not translate/download the
same file.
After translation you upload your .po file back, and the lock is released.

Periodically I will pull all .po files from transifex and check them in
in github (as a sort of backup, and to make it easier for local doc
builders to have a translated doc/site):
"tx pull" for all
"tx pull -l ru" to pull russian .po files to your local disk

Periodically (OR after a significant change in the sources) the language
maintainers should push the english .po to transifex, where transifex
will do merge (and you see languages falling down a couple of procents).
"tx push -s"

It would be nice if somebody would try to understand this workflow and
write it (in better words) down in the docs.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

ps. I just created a new QGIS-Documentation project in transifex, and
russian will be the test case, so stay tuned Alexander, give me 1 more
hour :-)