[Qgis-community-team] manual in pdf

NUIMURA, Takayuki nuimura at nagoya-u.jp
Mon Oct 14 20:23:46 PDT 2013

Hi Richard,

Thank you very much for quick responce for my request about japanese
pdf. I have checked pdf file, you generated.

It still has following two problems:
[1] no index
[2] inappropreate image file (too large)

I have downloaded resources, you updated, and compiled pdf based on
proper procedure (make pdf LANG=ja).

I have found following two solution for above two problems by trial and
error.

[1] adding third platex command.
[2] replacing find command to simple ebb with regular expression. And -x
option is also not necessary.

Modified source is:

	@-if [ $(LANG) = "ja" ]; then \
		cd $(BUILDDIR)/latex/$(LANG); \
		ebb *.png \
		platex -interaction=batchmode QGISUserGuide.tex; \
		platex -interaction=batchmode QGISUserGuide.tex; \
		platex -interaction=batchmode QGISUserGuide.tex; \
		dvipdfmx QGISUserGuide.dvi; \
	else \
		cd $(BUILDDIR)/latex/$(LANG); \
		texi2pdf --quiet QGISUserGuide.tex; \
		texi2pdf --quiet QGISUserGuide.tex; \
		texi2pdf --quiet QGISUserGuide.tex; \
	fi

Could you update Makefile?

You can check correctly generated japanese pdf:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/870568/foss4g/QGIS-testing-UserGuide.pdf

--
Takayuki NUIMURA
Graduate School of Environmental Studies, Nagoya University

E-mail: nuimura at nagoya-u.jp
Skype: t_nuimura