[Qgis-community-team] QGIS Arabic status

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Sun Sep 8 08:52:02 PDT 2013

Hi,

Am Sun, 08 Sep 2013 16:41:41 +0200
schrieb Richard Duivenvoorde <richard at duif.net>:

> On 08-09-13 12:03, Otto Dassau wrote:
> > Am Sat, 07 Sep 2013 11:16:20 +0200
> > schrieb Werner Macho <werner.macho at gmail.com>:
> >> Otto should know about the documentation status (if there is any arabic
> >> translation)
> >
> > there is no arabic translation of the 1.8 manual at the moment.
>
> I think there is, I added it some months ago for somebody from ... Sudan
> or so?
>
> Documentation:
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/commits/master/i18n/ar

ok sorry, I only checked the translation branch manual_en_v1.8 of the
manual, because the master branch should not be used for translations, see

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/blob/master/source/docs/documentation_guidelines/do_translations.rst

In general, if it is about the manual, we should take care, that manuals are
only translated in "translation" branches created for each qgis version,
after the english master branch is updated and tagged and includes all new
features of that version.

At the moment this is still manual_en_v1.8.

> Application:
> https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/blob/master/i18n/qgis_ar.ts
>
> (that is, if I was/are right that ar is the two iso code for arabic:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_language )

yes