[Qgis-community-team] structure

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Sep 9 03:30:18 PDT 2013

On 09-09-13 10:21, Victor Olaya wrote:
> I clearly looks more complex than having separate projects, but I
> think it is a good idea, as in the example case you propose.
>
> I would just say that his "linking" of docs and website should be kept
> for us when building the site, but the docs have to be fully
> independent, since that makes it much easier (and much clearer) to
> people wanting to contribute to the documentation.

Agreed, the website and the docs are and should stay different
individual projects.

I created a branch 'plusdocs',
(copied source/docs and resources/en from Documentation into Website)
and build it:

http://new.qgis.org/html/en/site/

For me the Download item in the menu can be removed. One big button on
the frontpage is enough?

We then can use this space (DOCUMENTATION) to jump immediatly to current
docs:

http://new.qgis.org/html/en/docs/index.html

Please see the TOC working nicely:

http://new.qgis.org/html/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/index.html

(though I would style those higher toc levels maybe italic).

What do you think?

Regards,

Richard