[Qgis-community-team] Quickstart for QGIS 2.0

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Mon Sep 9 10:23:08 PDT 2013

One of current jumpers on the frontpage is:

"Download and Install QGIS then follow the Quickstart"

Jeffrey pointed me to

http://live.osgeo.org/en/quickstart/qgis_quickstart.html

which apparently is on the live cd (with all data, and more quickstarts,
like to postgis:
http://live.osgeo.org/en/quickstart/postgis_quickstart.html
).

What is your opinion about this: should we
- just link to those pages (not sure if all is 2.0 yet....)
- contact authors (???) and update it to 2.0 and share rst and images?
- write our own quickstart pages (volunteers please :-) )

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde