[Qgis-community-team] responsiveness on landingpages + coloured bar

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Tue Sep 10 22:13:05 PDT 2013

Hi Guys,

building on new.qgis.org now. Getting better and better.

Our landing pages responsiveness is broken (front is ok). Even in a way
that images are gone when you resize. This is way you seen on an ipad
(see screenshot):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/97361298@N07/9719937679/
For me responsiveness was a pretty big thing. Can we make it come back
again you think? (or am I the only one).

We also have either skip, or make the colored bar working (it stays in
the middle of the page now).

Anytime to fix responsiveness?
Or fix bars? I think we should remove the bar for now, and make it come
back later (by putting it in the templates).

I think Tim has a good point with this one:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Website/issues/47

But maybe hard to make that a clean/clear message. What about adding
just one button which should make it clear that there is more in the
QGIS world then only desktop GIS. This button/image then should point to:
http://new.qgis.org/html/en/site/about/features.html

I think we should also try to make the images in the caroussel smaller
both in size and in bytes.
In my opinion all images are to big anyway, but that is my... eva how
did you call this 'my empty space fear'?

@all, please click around and if you see an empty page, please write
text for it, OR create an issue.

Thanks,

Richard Duivenvoorde