[Qgis-community-team] Website translation workflow

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Sep 18 14:02:04 PDT 2013

On 18-09-13 21:01, Alexander Bruy wrote:
> Hi Richard and all,
>
> what is recommended workflow for website translations? Should
> we use the same approach as for documentation (e.g. translation
> team lead collect changes and pushed them to main repo) or
> something another?
>
> I started with translation using git, but can't commit my changes yet.
> Should I send pull-request?

Hi Alexander,

recommended workflow for website (I'm planning to write a better
document also):

NOT translate on Github, but use transifex for translation; Transifex is
the canonical holder of the latest translations. We only pull from
transifex for a new build of the website.

You can either translate in transifex web-interface, OR download a file
from transifex (it get's locked fo 24 hours then), and upload it after
finishing.

We have to think about a proces in which maybe a language coordinator
will periodically push fresh gettext po files to transifex (AFTER
pulling the latest from transifex), but we have to figure this out.

If you did use Github po files: either upload the translated po files to
transifex via the webinterface of transifex, or sent the files to me.

About translation using git. please do a pull request or just sent the
files to me (or upload them via transifex yourself: you are russian
coordinator :-) ).

Feel free to ask If this is not clear enough

Regards,

Richard