[Qgis-community-team] website/docs build apart on qgis2, scp or rsync?

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Sun Apr 6 04:42:36 PDT 2014

Hi,

currently we have more or less the possibility to build docs/website
using docker and/or paver.

We also want to do the building on qgis2 (new server), and then move the
static content for serving to qgis (osgeo machine).

We 'merge' the sources of Documentation into the Website sources, during
build. My argument was that 'searching' on qgis.org then gave you better
results. But it also makes the build process longer and more complex
(and double: because we also run the build for docs.qgis.org/VERSION).

1st Question: anybody objecting to removing this merging? It would make
the build easier (and the pavement file easier, and reusable over
different projects).

2nd Question: what is the preferred way to 'copy' the static build stuff
to the serving server: rsync or a scp job?

Plz think with me on how to proceed,

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

Want to try building with Paver?