[Qgis-community-team] Training manual: base data

George Irwin george at linfiniti.com
Mon Apr 14 06:17:52 PDT 2014

As you’ve rightly pointed out, the frustrating part is getting the actual data - particularly the imagery. As far as we’ve discovered, there isn’t a solution which sits nicely between what is currently described in the Preparing Data chapter (foreword) and a fully automated system. The main complication being to find a solution which suits anyone anywhere in the world (different data sources suit different regions). A fully automated system can be designed to handle regional requirements, but a half-automated solution can’t (not satisfactorily anyway).

So in essence, I don’t think there’s much more I can suggest beyond the Preparing Data chapter.

George Irwin
Project and Client Manager
Linfiniti Consulting
http://www.linfiniti.com