[Qgis-community-team] Training manual: Processing

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 16:26:41 PDT 2014

> *
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/blob/master/source/docs/training_manual/processing/vector_calculator.rst
> this seems outdated in ref to the current exp version of Processing; the
> Python syntax does not seem to be recognized any more, so
> float(MALES) / FEMALES does not work. Should I replace it with
> 1.0*MALES / FEMALES
> Same for
> 'male' if MALES > FEMALES else 'female'

Wow, I hadn't seen the new calcualtor. Awesome. I guess we have to
update the full chapter.

> *
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/blob/master/source/docs/training_manual/processing/extents.rst
> the command Shapes to grid leaves out the first basin (ID=0): should I
> change the IDs? The Rasterize command does not create NULLs, and puts 0
> to NULL

hmmm, seems to be working here. Are you having problems with the zero value?

> *
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/blob/master/source/docs/training_manual/processing/html.rst
> in the output, the layer and field names are missing: should I open a
> ticket?

The algorithm doesn't add that info, so it's not a bug but you can add
a ticket as a feature request to improve the alg

> * have found some problem with projections not being recognized, so I'll
> be adding .qpj: objections?

Sounds great to me

Thanks!