[Qgis-community-team] QGIS Arabic Translation

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Sat Jan 18 03:14:25 PST 2014

On 18-01-14 10:32, hosham munier wrote:

Hi Hosham,

I try to give anwers below:

> -What I have to do if I want to translate the documents also in addition
> to the software modules(I already work with)?

Not sure what you mena with the software modules you are working with.
Please explain.

Guessing you mean QGIS: if you use Linguist to translate, you can make
from the .ts file a .qm file. The qm file is the format that the QGIS
program is actually using to change the strings in the program.

Load the ts file in Linguist and then via menu File and then Release you
will be asked where to save it. You have to find out where QGIS loads
the qm files from (on Linux they are in your install folder, and then
share/qgis/i18n folder). On windows search for qgis_ar.qm, it should be
somewhere in your QGIS install.
If you just copy your release (=qgis_ar.qm file) over the file that is
there and open QGIS again, it will open YOUR qm file.

> -if any one work with me in Arabic translation or not?

I'm not aware of others doing arabic translation. Werner do you know?

> -the Arabic translation  file I already sent is work or not?

Yes it is already in Github. I'm not sure if they show up in the
nightlies though, because we do not run the scripts every day to compile
the .ts file to .qm files in the master repo.

HTH. If not, just ask again :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde