[Qgis-community-team] We need help updating the qgis user guide for version 2.2

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Fri Jan 24 05:42:31 PST 2014

Hi,

thanks again to all those who volunteered to help with the QGIS manual
update. And maybe there are some more people to help, since there is as
always a lot of new features to document :)

I added a list of new features to the wiki:
http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/ManualTasks#Updates-QGIS-20-User-Guide

The next steps would be:

a) Install a QGIS 2.1 package from master (available for windows, ubuntu and
   opensuse I think) or compile from source. If you don't know how to do
   that, we can help.
b) Go through the wiki and add you name right to the features that you want
   to work on.
c) checkout the master branch of the QGIS documentation and update the
   rst files following the documentation guidelines:
   https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/blob/master/source/docs/documentation_guidelines/README.rst

Lene and Luca, I don't know if you are familiar with git and
installing/compiling QGIS from master. Please tell us, where you need help.