[Qgis-community-team] How to build documentation in PDF locally?

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Tue Jun 24 08:11:54 PDT 2014

On 24-06-14 16:45, Eduardo Gonzalez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The paver script has been working great for me to build the
> QGIS-documentation in HTML format in Windows.
>
> Is it possible to build it locally as PDF as well?

I doubt it, using paver. Especially the non-western character set
containing pdf's have been pretty hard to create, because of all the
needed charactersets/latex/pdfcreation dependencies...
I do not think you will get this running on Windows (but... try me :-)  )

BUT :-) we also do docker builds.

While it is a linux technogy, it must be possible to use the docker
scripts on windows too. If I understand correct it will create a virtual
machine then using VirtualBox on windows. But this is untested until now...

We have a docker file to try here:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Sysadmin/blob/master/docker/sphinx/Dockerfile

More instructions (for linux only) here:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Sysadmin/tree/master/docker/sphinx

Feel free to try this, (and if successfull please write documentation
for it).

Another option would be to just create a virtualbox debian stable
virtual machine, and do the the linux way on that box.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde