[Qgis-community-team] Build users manual only?

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Wed May 7 03:06:20 PDT 2014

On 07-05-14 10:21, Alexandre Neto wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> while preparing screenshots for the Users Manual, it's quite useful to
> build the related html and PDF to see if everything was done well. But
> it takes a lots of time (at least in my computer).
>
> Is there a way to just Build the Users Manual and Ignore PyQGIS Cookbook
> and Training Manual?
>
> Generally I simply activate the virtual environment and do "make pdf".

Hi Alexandre,

easiest, I think is to just remove the rst-sources (temporarily) from
your build directory: /QGIS-Documentation/source/docs . This will
already speed up your html building already because only user_manual
will not be read/build then.

If you comment out or (temporarily) remove the lines for
pyqgis_developer_cookbook and user_manual in sources/conf.py around this
part:

latex_documents = [

  ('docs/user_manual/index', 'QGISUserGuide.tex', u'QGIS User Guide',
u'QGIS Project', 'manu>
  ('docs/pyqgis_developer_cookbook/index',
'PyQGISDeveloperCookbook.tex', u'PyQGIS developer>
  ('docs/training_manual/index', 'QGISTrainingManual.tex', u'QGIS
Training Manual', u'QGIS P>
]

then the Makefile will not even be able to try to build latex/pdf stuff
for those docs.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde