[Qgis-community-team] user manual 2.0 good news

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Wed May 7 17:35:20 PDT 2014

Hello all,

After some more testing and some help from the texi2dvi mailing list[], I
think I finally found out the solution for our image size and resolution
for both PDF and HTML.

The problem did not lay on the configuration file or texi2pdf settings but
in the image files itself. All that is needed to do is to open the
screenshots in GIMP and change their print resolution from 72 dpi (the
origina resolution of screens), to something like 135dpi (we can decide
which the more suitable resolution). Also, its needed to remove the width
size settings form the rst files for those images.

The good news are that images will show at their original resolution in
HTML (below maxwidth of the page) and at a different (more suited
resolution) in the PDF.

Please check my Pull Request
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/pull/219 and see how it builds
both html and PDF before you accept it