[Qgis-community-team] Processing help

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 09:06:14 PST 2014

Hi all,

I just merged my work into master branch of the QGIS-Documentation repository.
This includes help files templates for almost all core Processing
algorithms (need
to investigate situation with LAStools, seems some algs only available under
Windows).

Also I create small guidelines for authors [0], add little description
for each algorithm
provider and port old TauDEM help files to new format. Proofreading, suggestions
and comments are welcome.

My next step is to go over existing old help files and move any
valuable information
to documentation. If anyone wants to join — please do it, but note
that help files
format now a bit different from old one due to changes in Processing
code, so some
manual work is required (nothing special just copy-paste)

I will try to add support for this help files in Processing this week,
so we can run some
tests.

[0] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/tree/master/source/docs/documentation_guidelines#documenting-processing-alorithms

--