[Qgis-community-team] Processing help

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 00:48:26 PST 2014

Hi Matteo,

> as pointed out by Paolo, some help files of SAGA are already documented.
> For example:
>
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/python/plugins/processing/algs/saga/help/shapesbuffer.rst
>
> are there any chances to merge these algorithm help files to the new
> "branch" you have created or have we to copy and paste them?

please read my previous emails carefully, all your questions already
answered :-)

> My next step is to go over existing old help files and move any
> valuable information
> to documentation. If anyone wants to join — please do it, but note
> that help files
> format now a bit different from old one due to changes in Processing
> code, so some
> manual work is required (nothing special just copy-paste)

BTW, personally I'm not happy with coverage of this help files, they are too
simple and does not give reader full overview of algoroithm and
parameters/outputs.

> Another thing: I have compiled the user manual and now it has more than 700
> pages because of all the algorithms. I think we have to avoid this section
> for the normal compilation of the manual and treat it like a new resource
> (like Introduction to GIS, Training Manual, PyQGIS Cookbook..).

We already discussed this in previous emails

--
Alexander Bruy