[Qgis-community-team] What about the QGIS Certifications?

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Tue Nov 25 12:39:17 PST 2014

Hi

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 8:13 PM, Phillip Davis <pdavis at delmar.edu> wrote:

> Paolo, we academics are waiting on OSGeo and or QGIS Project to define the
> certification and then we can build our curriculum to meet the
> expectations.  This needs to be driven primarily by the developer community
> because they understand the technology better than anyone in education and
> should be the leaders of defining the knowledge skills and abilities.
> That's how we accomplished the Geospatial Technology Competency Model for
> the US Dept. of Labor.  I would be glad to offer our Adobe Connect meeting
> site to foster collaboration, but this effort cannot and should not be led
> by academics because the certification would not be respected by industry
> and why would students aspire to it if not?

​Paolo and anyone else interested, lets set up a meeting in the next two
weeks​ to try to get our next steps forward. Has everyone had a chance to
try out taotesting? Or is there some other platform others would like us to
evaluate as a testing platform? Or perhaps we need to take a different
approach to defining the curriculum?

And hey Arnulf & Jeff nice to see you CC'd in here!

Regards

Tim

> Cordially,
>
> Phillip Davis