[Qgis-community-team] website and sidebars

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Wed Feb 4 01:38:30 PST 2015

Hi All,

While I generally like the design of our website, to find something, I
always try to navigate to a page where there is a sidebar (with
TOC/table of contents)  so I can look for some section there...
But most of the 'landing-pages' do NOT have a sidebar by design, and
often point to a second landing page without sidebar either...

I'm proposing to just let ALL pages except the frontpage have a sidebar.

While it 'breaks' the desing probably, and is not as nice, I think it is
a functional change we could do.
Fix is easy, screendump here:

https://i.imgur.com/EfDhhPZ.png

and I could even add a little javascript button to 'hide/show' the
sidebar in those pages.

Ideas/comments?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde