[Qgis-community-team] update qgis2 and www.qgis.org => www2.qgis.org

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Sun Feb 8 12:47:02 PST 2015

FYI:

we updated/upgraded qgis2 server and docker on it.

Besides this I thought to redirect the qgis.org website (only website)
to qgis2 while osgeo-qgis server is slow because of a broken disk (a new
one is on it's way).
So if you visit http://qgis.or/ru now you should be redirected to
http://www2.qgis.org/ru/site/
If you see troubles with this, please let me know. www2.qgis.org should
be a lot faster than old www. Wiki, redmine and docs stay on qgis.org.

@werner @ale: the docker update means that it is easier to ssh into the
container.
We (mostly Tim :-) ) also uploaded current running plugins.qgis.org
container into hub.docker:

https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/rduivenvoorde/qgis-plugins/

we put it in a private repo because there are some pw's in it?

So Werner and Alessandro (and everybody else able/willing to do things
on plugins) if you get an account on hub.docker, I make you
collaborators on this repo.

The nice thing on putting this full container on hub.docker (>5Gb,
containing all plugins zips etc etc), is that:
1) we finally have a good working backup (as long as we/I push a latest
status once a day/week to hub.docker
2) it is pretty easy to pull it from there to another server so in case
of emergency we can have plugins running in ... the number of minutes it
takes to download >5Gb)

Anything wrong? Plz let us/me know.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde