[Qgis-community-team] i18n support for desktop and documentation translation in transifex ?

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Mon Feb 9 03:36:53 PST 2015

Hi,

some weeks ago I talked to Alexander Bruy and Victor Olaya about the status
of making the Processing GUI translatable in transifex for the desktop and
the documentation.

Alexander told me, that he started to improve i18n support in Processing.
And that new strings should be already available in Transifex (added by
Werner). It should be about 650 new strings and many will be autotranslated.

Of course, even this massive update made Processing fully localized, because
there are many strings that are not stored in plain text files (e.g. GRASS,
SAGA and OTB) algorithms. Alexander is still looking for some solution for
this.

In transifex the new desktop strings seem to be translated already, because
the status is 100 % Is that correct? And are the strings also already added
to the documentation in transifex, so they can be translated as well? When I
open the Processing in QGIS, I don't find any translations, except for
probably those automated once that are already there for months.

I don't understand the current procedure to integrate new i18n supported
gui files into transifex and make them available for translators. Can
someone explain how it works and what the current status is for desktop and
documentation?

Thanks a lot