[Qgis-community-team] git Web hooks. Was new procedures when working on the user manual

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Wed Mar 4 03:30:20 PST 2015

On 04-03-15 11:41, Alexandre Neto wrote:
> Hello Developers,
>
> At the community mailing list we were talking about using git hub issues
> to manage the Documentation tasks.
>
> One thing that would help alot was the posibility to use Git WebHooks to
> auto create issues in the qgis/documentation repository when a commit
> message has some especific text. The best example is the [FEATURE] "tag"
> but other could be added, like changes to the interface [GUI].
>
> Is there anyone with experience in using GitHub Webhooks?
> https://developer.github.com/webhooks/
>
> And of course with admin access to create this webhooks.
>
> This would help alot to identify what needs to be updated in the
> documentation.

Hi Alexandre,

I have no experience with that, but have rights to do this.
Let me know if you need help or access to do this.

I checked, and there is already a (non functional ??) webhook:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/settings/hooks

https://hooks.waffle.io/api/projects/542e38bf02ca040200d6baca/sources/542e38bf02ca040200d6bacb/receive

so I think Tim has already been trying out something :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde