[Qgis-community-team] 2.12 documentation

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 06:28:52 PDT 2015

> On 05-10-15 14:42, DelazJ wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Indeed, 2.10 is a basis to document 2.12 features.
> > I may misunderstand but what do you mean by" releasing both manuals"?
> > Does it mean a 2.10 manual will also be pushed to transifex for
> > translation? Does it worth publishing and translating a manual since
> > most of users will either stay on 2.8-ltr or move to 2.12?
> > Note that there's no branch for 2.10 yet.
>
> Mmm, you are right, we did not create a branch for 2.10 because there is
> not a separate build for 2.10...
>
> What we normally did: AFTER the QGIS release x we update the
> documentation so it covered version x and then branched and created a
> http://docs.qgis.org/x version.
>
> With 2.10 apparently there has been no work on the docs, OR I just
> simply forgot to branch... :-(
>
> Anyway, let's do this for 2.12 then:
> - update master untill it is up to date with 2.12 features
> - AFTER QGIS 2.12 release we will branch a 2.12 and build ONLY english
> version and make it online available

No translation for 2.12? I'd prefer to have *translatable* any published
manual. When helping someone on a french forum, it's rather rude to send
him an english link doc (not that french don't speak english :) but... ).
And it means that since 2.8, there won't be translated documentation (in
spite of those many new features) until next LTR?
Wouldn't it be better to keep active our translators (a kind of
"rendez-vous") after each release? This could be easy if the call for
crowfunding is a success.