[Qgis-community-team] Books section on our website

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Oct 13 02:40:34 PDT 2015

Hi Otto,

I think we should distinguish between the manual, training manual and
books. QGIS.ORG should be in charge/control about the manual, training
manual and Python documentation/cookbook - and let the other books be
written by other authors/publishers.

I see nothing wrong about asking for some reasonable money for buying a
book or ebook. After all it is a lot of work and you don't get wealthy
as a book author anyway. Not with books on IT (so short-lived and not
bestsellers).

But I agree we could/should be more attractive to documenters to work
for our resources. The initiative to pay for core documenters is a good
start.

Andreas