[Qgis-community-team] New screenshots

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Fri Oct 23 01:03:38 PDT 2015

On 23-10-15 09:49, Radim Blazek wrote:
> I want to make some new screenshots so I read guidelines first
> http://docs.qgis.org/2.8/en/docs/documentation_guidelines/README.html#add-new-screenshots
> where I found:
>
> "same environment for all the screen caps (same OS, same decoration,
> same font size)"
>
> It is impossible to satisfy such requirement for all screenshots,
> until there is somebody making all screenshots on the same system.
>
> So what are realistic guidelines? Is there some preferred
> OS/decoration/font or list of them? Should I just shoot what I have on
> screen now or I shouldn't contribute screenshots at all if I don't
> have the right OS?

Hi Radim,

"just do it" :-)

I know for the training manual at a certain stage it was updated by one
person with a mac, so he could update all screenshots and we had a nice
and coherent view of screenshot styles.

But I say: "we better have documentation with Linux screenshots then no
screenshots at all"

Screenies can always be refined by somebody with the right font/os/deco.

BUT if somebody is aware of certain guidelines (like the preferred sizes
of the dialog images or so)... please step forward and add it to the
above link.

And, Radim, thanks for taking the time to do the documentation!!!!

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde