[Qgis-community-team] Documentation about OGC conformance tests

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Fri Dec 9 02:11:59 PST 2016

On Friday, December 09, 2016 10:49:24 Marco Hugentobler wrote:
> Hi documentation team
>
> I'd like to add a short description how to install and run the OGC WMS
> conformance tests for QGIS Server. Is
> docs/user_manual/working_with_ogc/ogc_server_support.rst a good place or
> do you have another suggestion?
>
> Thanks,

Marco,

This is a good question. Who will use this doc? User (even advanced user) or
developper (ie QGIS contributor).

We could have a developper section as we have an user_manual section or add
this in the QGIS repository (not the doc one) depending who is the target.
This developper section could contains "pyqgis_developer_cookbook" and some
other advanced low level documentation but I am not sure that there will have
enought doc inside.

So I have no strong opinion but if we choose the user manual, I prefer to add
this in a new chapter or section, outside ogc_server_support.rst (something at
the same level though), something like:

Working with OGC Data

    QGIS as OGC Data Client
    QGIS as OGC Data Server
    OGC conformance tests

Regards,

Y.
PS: we will use probably this for the next hackfest, on monday in Lyon :)