[Qgis-community-team] Doc writing: simpler writing and styling

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 04:53:04 PST 2016

Richard Duivenvoorde <richard at duif.net> escreveu no dia domingo, 17/01/2016
às 19:04:

> - is is still usefull to have the 'Operating System' icons around (that
> is the little Mac, Linux and Windows icons) for screenies OR when the
> instructions differ...

Screenshots are all (or almost) in linux anyway, so for that they are not
needed at all.

> - we/I have still test what happens with the translations of sentences
> which we remove directives and substitutions from (I hope the old
> translations will be available in the glossary....)

I think this process will, for sure, cause many untranslated strings to
translate again... For this, I think a warning in QGIS-tr list would be
advisable, because there are some language teams that made a huge effort to
reach this percentage of translation. But this will also make translation
easier with the removing of all the :guilabel: :menuselection.

> If nobody objects, I'll start (in one commit) to do this page:
>

> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/blob/master_github_e/source/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/vector_properties.rst

+1

Regarding managing the Documentation update I would also prefer using
github issues to manage the documentation update effort.

Reviewing all "automatic new features", close them if it does not imply any
changes to the documentation, or label it if it does, would be my first
step.

If possible I would advice using labels to identify what needs to be
updated (text, screenshots) and where (Users manual, python cookbok,...)
for each issue.

Thanks

Alexandre Neto
--