[Qgis-community-team] Doc writing: simpler writing and styling

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Wed Jan 27 02:54:48 PST 2016

On 27-01-16 11:31, DelazJ wrote:
> Hi,
> with the removal of :guilabel: and :menuselection: which clearly will
> easier doc writing, i'm afraid that user might be confused while reading
> doc. Indeed, the GUI labels are now rendered as simple text, same font.
> When reading, you may now not know which part of the text is GUI option
> and what is description, explanation. Since the GUI labels are still put
> between _`_ characters, shouldn't we give it a special font, font size,
> style...?
> see
> http://docs.qgis.org/2.8/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/vector_properties.html
> vs
> http://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/vector_properties.html

Yes, that is/was my plan too....

In html apparently everything with back ticks around it like: `foo` will
be surrounded with 'cite'-html-elements in html output.

So we can give cite (which now has no special styling) some styling like
bold or bleu and then it will look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/Bx5qfnp.png

We can even go further and style it more or less like the old version
(with a grey box as background), but I feel that we then maybe still
things like 'menu' etc which are 'real' cite-elements...

Regards,

Richard