[Qgis-community-team] Issues with figure numerotation cleanup

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 15:14:43 PDT 2016

Hello Harrisou,

I guess the only reason was in fact to give some kind of numbering to the
figures in html, and to reference them in the text.

Referencing in the text for html is not that important as figures are
always placed in the correct place. For PDF it makes much more sense since
images can be push to other pages and have their location changed. But the
text used in the reference as nothing to do with the numbering in the
figure, so it's kind of broken anyway.

AFAIK,Yves tried to upgrade sphinx and use numbering in html as well. If I
remember well, the problem was to not do the numbering including all the
documentation we end up with something like figure number 453...

Anyway, I suppor any effort to avoid this numbering system as maintaining
this is an headache.

I will try do do some tests with numbering.

Alexandre Neto

Alexandre Neto
@AlexNetoGeo
http://sigsemgrilhetas.wordpress.com