[Qgis-community-team] [Qgis-psc] Websites moved + https

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Dec 3 07:57:30 PST 2017

On 03-12-17 16:20, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:
> Which problems with plugins and https?
>
> I've set up a couple of repos with letsencrypt and all tests on 2.x went
> well on all tested platforms.
>
> Or is it an issue with the redirect from http to https?

Yes, I think so. When I do enable the http->https redirection in the
apache config, the plugin site + downloading via the browser is all ok.

But QGIS complains:
https://pastebin.com/S5vPj32q

My theory is that the network code in the plugin manager cannot handle
the redirection. I've had something like that too:
https://github.com/rduivenvoorde/jrodos/blob/master/providers/jrodos_project_provider.py#L27
and
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14809310/qnetworkreply-and-301-redirect
talks about it.

> IMHO It would be wise to leave http on for legacy and ship 3.0 with https.
Well, IF we use https as url's both for repo AND in the xml, nobody will
be redirected so there will no problems anymore...

We cannot fix half I think.

Regards,

Richard