[Qgis-community-team] [URGENT!] QGIS Seem To Bypass PostgreSQL/PostGIS User Privileges/Permissions

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Fri Mar 17 08:59:26 PDT 2017

Hello,

On vendredi 17 mars 2017 14:18:36 CET Oduware Godwin Osahon wrote:
> QGIS is bypassing the permissions set for the same user in the
> PostgreSQL/PostGIS database

This is not possible, imho. This is not QGIS that protects the edition process
into your table but PostGreSQL itself.

Did you check that the user is really correct?
Did you check that your credential are still valid when working in QGIS
(something like transaction or so)?

As far as I know this issue never occurs in my PostGIS training (I am using
QGIS as viewer for SQL results).

Y.