[Qgis-community-team] [SOLVED] QGIS Seem To Bypass PostgreSQL/PostGIS User Privileges/Permissions

Oduware Godwin Osahon victoryaceta at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 17 19:10:54 PDT 2017

Hi Yves,
Thanks for your response. I have been able to solve the mystery. The problem was from QGIS as suspected. When you create the first user connection to the database (PostgreSQL/PostGIS in this case) and you add a new connection with a different user or edit the first connection to a different user without restarting the application, QGIS uses the privileges of the first user connection for the new user connection (the privileges can be viewed from the Database Manager menu). This is likely a bug in the QGIS software as refreshing the edited connection or deleting the connection and creating a new one makes no difference.

The only way I have found around this "bug" is to restart the QGIS application before creating a new user connection or editing a connection to a different user.