[Qgis-community-team] Plugin author emails after the GDPR apocalypse

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Jun 22 02:54:49 PDT 2018

Il 22/06/2018 11:03, Borys Jurgiel ha scritto:
> Dnia piÄ…tek, 22 czerwca 2018 10:41:00 CEST Tim Sutton pisze:
>> Hi
>>
>> Why not just change the cookbook to remove this wording and keep things as
>> they are?
>
> It would be my preferable solution. And also the simplest and the only fully
> effective ;)
>
> I'm just afraid some authors may feel cheated if they disclosed their emails
> being confident they are a bit less public... I exaggerate, don't I? :)

IMHO users should use only the bugtracker. If the author wants to be
reachable he has other means. By default it would be good not to show
his address.
However, if it is in metadata.txt it will always be visible.
So options are:
* leave as it is, rephrase cookbook (some authors expressed privacy
concerns)
* remove it altogether (not so good, we need a way to contact the author
for administrative purposes)
* remove it from the plugin, ask to add it only to the django interface
(hidden from users).
Thoughts?
All the best.
--