[Qgis-community-team] QGIS Documentation: increase the speed of documentation writing

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Wed Sep 19 23:36:32 PDT 2018

Hello David,

Le 20/09/2018 à 02:45, David Forel a écrit :
> Hi Folks -
>
> I found "qgis/QGIS-Documentation" on github.  I presume this is the
> right repository, but I welcome your confirmation.
I confirm!

> The "readme.rst" says nothing about 3.x and this disturbs me.  In my
> knowledge of software releases, a move from a 2.x to a 3.x is
> significant, and I imagine is highly disruptive to the existing
> documentation.  I imagine the documentation of 2.x that is in 3.x must
> have some gaping holes and is confusing where it assumes the user is
> in 2.x.
The README file is not up to date :) We should add 3.x releases,
probably remove 2.x links and update the contacts list.

> My point is not to complain; rather, I wonder whether instead of
> simply making better English in 2.x documentation that is in 3.x,
> someone might guide me to workflows that need to be revised or even
> created for 3.x.
PR welcome :) Do you have any idea how to do this? Read this
https://docs.qgis.org/2.18/en/docs/documentation_guidelines/first_contribution.html#using-github-web-interface
if there are any problem, we can help!

Many thanks!

Y.