[Qgis-community-team] I'm interested in QGIS docs

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 12:43:00 PDT 2019

Hi folks,
I've helped others set up Project Overviews and Quickstarts for ~ 50
projects, as part of OSGeoLive documentation and I think that the time is
right to extend this initiative into other document types. I suspect the
best way to achieve this is to draw from the best practices of a mature
project, probably QGIS, audit it against international best practices in
writing, improve if necessary, learn as we go, and capture the lessons into
templates that can be used by other OSGeo projects.

I think that this could be set up to align with the Google Season of Docs
initiative.
So I want to learn how documentation is written here, do some writing
myself, and learn from what you are doing.

Of note, part of my motivation comes from questions and offers to help from
people, after talking about these ideas at FOSS4G-Oceania, and then at a
Write-The-Docs meetup.
http://cameronshorter.blogspot.com/2019/02/inspiring-techies-to-become-great.html

Suggestions and ideas are welcomed.

--