[Qgis-community-team] Changelog (english) in website, plz check

Frank Sokolic sokolic at worldonline.co.za
Tue Mar 10 10:41:03 PDT 2020

Hi Richard,

Here are some more suggested changes to the change log (suggested
changes are underlined):

*Feature: Allow to delete custom label position*

We added _a_ new _option_ to delete custom label position by pressing
DEL key when moving the label.

*
*

*Feature: Support for Mesh Reference Time*

For various dataset _type__s_, for example GRIB and NetCDF, the
reference time in QGIS time settings dialog is prepopulated from the raw
data and does not need to be set manually. Also we fixed various bugs
related to time parsing, so in QGIS 3.12 it should be possible to format
and show your time in plots/animations in _the_ proper way.

If there is a valid time reference provided with dataset groups, this
time reference is used to _display __the_ time (using absolute time).

/Please check font size./

/
/

*Feature: Load 3D vector layer data in background + tiling*

There is a new configuration option in _the_ 3D tab of vector layers -
it determines how deep _the quadtree will be_.

This may change in the _f__u__ture_ when we introduce more elaborate
strategies - for example, internal nodes may contain a small percentage
of features of the child nodes (this would allow us to show something
while zoomed out a lot, not requiring _all the data __to __be __load__ed_).

This allows you to see _the_ bounding box of each tile (especially
useful if there are some issues with tiles not showing up when they should).

*
*

*Feature: New layout item type: manually created fixed tables*

/Please check the font size./

Regards, Frank.