[Qgis-community-team] Issue with Training Data zip file

Matthew Goertz matthewgoertz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 11:05:02 PST 2021

Greetings,

I am fairly new to GIS and have recently downloaded QGIS in an effort to
learn the basics.

I am currently going through QGIS's training module
<https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/training_manual/basic_map/preparation.html>
and
have attempted to download the data set which is in zip format. I've
downloaded it several times, and each time I attempt to unzip the files, an
error message appears and it says that it is not a "valid archive". I'm not
sure why this occurs, and I've never had an issue with unzipping files in
the past.

I was hoping for some direction in this as I'd really love to use this
tutorial!

Thanks in advance.

-Matt