[Qgis-community-team] A Gentle Introduction to GIS

Glenn Travis ERLL571 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 1 09:32:55 PDT 2022

Howdy,
I have seen this document referenced in several books and articles as a good read for us true GIS beginners. In fact, in his book, Introduction to QGIS,  Doctor Madry recommends that beginners read this article before proceeding further in his book so we will understand fundamental GIS terminology and concepts.

I have read it for a bit and indeed have learned much more about GIS in general than in the QGIS Training Manual.  Unfortunately, it is not included in the documents downloads listings. Why is that?
I strongly urge that it be included for PDF downloads so that we can readily have it at hand.

I do not know who to pass this on to, so if anyone can help me with this request, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Trav